Saturday, June 5, 2010

First day on the Farm




I miserably failed on my first day working on the farm. I was helping (well, sort of just observing) the workers prepare a new plot of land for planting bananas. It was an open, dirt plot and the workers were putting stakes in the ground to indicate where the bananas should be planted. After about only 30 minutes I got overheated and nearly passed out. The workers pretty much carried my to the truck. I felt bad for them for having to carry me. At one point I think I heard someone say "Grande Gringa." As soon as I got cooled off and drank some water, I felt much better. Nevertheless, we went to Placencia that afternoon for a little R and R. To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should mix up some banana daiquiris to accompany you when you go banana planting. That should keep you hydrated. Listen to me, I'm a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you in the "hoodie" in the first picture?? It's a real fashion statement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No mother, that is a worker!

    ReplyDelete