Friday, June 4, 2010

Belize!




Welcome to my blog! To complete the required internship for my Master’s degree, I will be working for one month on Sagitun Farms. They produce bananas, oranges and mangos and are located in Independence, Belize.

Belize is a very diverse country located in Central America. Its eastern coast is on the Caribbean Sea. It is divided into six districts: Belize, Cayo, Corozal, Orange Walk, Stann Creek and Toledo. I will reside in Stann Creek district. Perhaps the most unique thing about Belize when compared to its neighboring countries is that is has been influenced by both Latin American and Caribbean cultures.

I arrived in Belize City on Monday with no problems. I have never seen anything like Belize. It could possibly tie with Northwest Oklahoma as The Most Beautiful Place on Earth.


5 comments:

  1. Evin Ann,
    I'm so proud of you for being so adventurous!You have that spirit like your great grand-parents who traveled in a covered wagon.
    The water looks beautiful. Will you talk w/any profs at the Univ.? Take care and have a good time for the rest of us! Love ya, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goss-
    Glad to know that you made it to Belize, enjoy every minute of it!

    -Matt Mc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you Evin! Went out with Darrell and Britt and sang Kareoke. Made me think of you. We will do it when you get back. Looks gorgeous there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you . I hope you have a great adventure. I knew you watched Indiana Jones for a reason. Keep posting and have a good time. You deserve it all.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete